Highly effective home remedies for itching in private parts
Itching in intimate areas can be caused by a number of reasons like chemical irritants, sexually transmitted infection (STI), dryness, bacterial vaginosis, skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis, and the most common of all yeast infection. Three out of four individuals are expected to suffer from this problem at least once in their lifetime.
Here are some of the best home remedies for itching in private parts.
- Baking Soda Bath: Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3) referred as baking soda, this salt of bicarbonate anion and sodium cation is a potent compound withholding many medicinal benefits. Due to its antifungal effects, baking soda has the ability to kill infection-causing cells like the Candida cells. To use this remedy right, add approximately 32 grams of this white powder into your bathwater. Allow the soda to dissolve and then enjoy this bath for about ten to forty minutes. Alternatively, you can also make a paste of baking soda with water and apply it on the affected part. Finally, wash the area thoroughly using lukewarm water.
- Coconut Oil: Another daily use product sitting in our home with great medicinal benefits is coconut oil. This oil helps to hydrate and protect skin because of the presence of nourishing fatty acids. It also contains lauric acid, which gives it antibacterial properties and linoleic acid, which is responsible for moisturizing the skin. A research conducted in 2016 revealed that the oil is capable of killing Candida albicans a pathogenic yeast. It is also an important remedy used in Home remedies for ear infection adult. To use it right, massage the affected area gently with coconut oil, always use a pure and high-quality oil. This will moisturize the skin, kill bacteria and will also relieve the itching sensation.
- Cotton Underwear: Itching is caused by infection, and infection is a result of poor ventilation. Cotton undergarments are absorbent and breathable, which creates a fresh and dry environment. Your underwear must be comfortable and not too tight. This measure is more on the defensive side and reduces the chances of a yeast infection at first hand rather than killing it afterwards.
- Apple cider vinegar: Another commonly used home remedy for itching in private parts involves the use of apple cider vinegar. This fermented juice of crushed apples has been used over centuries for its medicinal values and also as one of the most effective Home remedies for oral thrush Apple cider vinegar. Add approximately 118 ml of apple cider vinegar to your bath water and let yourself soak in for about half an hour. The antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of this juice will soothe your infection and calm your skin.
- Probiotic supplements: These are the live microorganisms, also known as good bacteria which are essential for the healthy functioning of a human body also used in Home remedies for Nausea and Home remedies for Strep throat. An example of probiotic is Bifidobacterium; this helpful bacterium is found in dairy products and relieves the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Probiotic supplements can help to increase the good bacteria count in our body. Not all food supplements can be considered probiotic supplements. In order to be considered a probiotic supplement, there should be sufficient living bacteria that survive food processing, and these bacteria should offer a health benefit. Granola bars, fruit juice and protein shakes are some common examples of probiotic supplements. These supplements assist the growth of good bacteria in private parts which helps in controlling the infection. Not just a remedy, these supplements can also be used as a preventive measure.
- Greek Yoghurt: An excellent source of calcium, Greek yoghurt is one of the best home remedies for itching in private parts and Home remedies for Spider bites. This probiotic yoghurt stimulates the growth of good or helpful bacteria in the affected area, i.e., your private parts. These good bacteria are responsible for killing the bad bacteria, which is yeast in this case. To use this remedy, simply apply the yoghurt on the affected area at least half an hour before a bath. Adding a little bit of honey with this yoghurt increases its effectiveness. In fact, according to some research, this powerful combo of Greek yoghurt and honey is more beneficial than most of the antifungal cream available in the market.
- Antifungal Cream: Several antifungal creams are available in the market which doesn’t require a doctor’s prescription which can be used for the itching in the private parts and also as Home remedies for ear infection adult. One such cream is Clotrimazole; this antifungal cream can cure most of the yeast infections. With no major side effects, the cream is used often prescribed by doctors to kill the bacteria and to reduce the burning and itching sensation associated with the infection. The cream claims to kill the yeast completely within seven days. Just apply it on the affected area, preferably before bedtime and let it dry. The remedy is not advised during pregnancy without the advice or supervision of a doctor.
- Cortisone Cream: This cream is used for controlling irritation, swelling, rash, allergies, redness, and itching. Due to its action, it is commonly known as the anti-itch topical cream. The cream can be purchased without a prescription and is easy to apply. Dry the affected area, shake the cream and gently massage with it up to four times a day. Let the cream do its job overnight and wash your hands thoroughly. Avoid getting medication into your mouth or eyes and place it away from children’s reach. The effects of this cream are visible within seven days from use.
- Probiotic food: Consumption of food items such as yoghurt, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut and miso is found to be beneficial in situations like these and can also be helpful in Home remedies for Pink eye toddler. These probiotic food items help in increasing the good or healthy bacteria count. These probiotic food items are much cheaper than probiotic supplements. Supplements are meant to be used only in the case when the requirement of nutrients and other essential minerals are not satisfied by one’s diet. If your diet itself gives you enough good bacteria, there is no need for taking additional supplements. This is more of a preventive measure than a remedy.
- Hygiene: Hygiene is two-thirds of health. Practising good hygiene, especially in your private areas, is the most basic and most effective remedy out of all the home remedies for itching in private parts. An imbalance of pH level can also result in an itching sensation. Intimate hygiene wash products like V wash plus are readily available at medical stores. These products are helpful for storing back the normal pH value. Avoid using harsh shower gels, or scented soaps. Overuse of soaps and scents can give rise to irritation problems and some allergic reactions. Try to keep the area dry and also shave your pubic hair timely.
While most of the cases of itchiness in private parts can be treated by following above-mentioned home remedies, it is advisable to consult a doctor in case of pain in the pelvic region, swelling, blisters, burning sensation, or any other unusual symptoms.