A healthy and fit body is something that everyone aims for, a healthy body is an asset in itself. The teenage years of a human being are the most delicate years in his life span. This fact has a valid reason for it as well. The reason being, during these years our body has an influx of hormones that result in new physical features of the body making our body growth-prone. Thus, it becomes easy for us to keep our bodies in good shape. These years also require us to be careful and active in order to have a healthy body. If someone gets obese in this stage of life, it becomes harder for them in the future as well. Thus, here are a few ways and a weight loss plan for teenagers in which one can lose the extra calories and kilos gained.
- Focus on health rather than weight – A healthy body is a body that has a proper height-weight ratio. The weight loss plan for teenagers must be realistic and is achievable. Over stressing on losing weight might lead to malnutrition. Set realistic goals, a trajectory of how to move ahead. Once the first goal is finished, move on to the next one.
- An active lifestyle is key – Not only a person who is an athlete or a regular gym-goer, who remains fit. A person who has an active lifestyle is also deemed fit. As a teen walk or cycle to the nearby store rather than using a motor vehicle. Try to walk around your homes and do some healthy exercises at home, regularly. If it is not possible to move out, dance your heart out at home. Also, eat right at the right time. An active lifestyle would help you lose weight without spending special stress over it and it should be in the weight loss plan for teenagers. This keeps the mental state well too.
- Try to avoid junk on regular basis – Do not cut down everything forever, but limit the usage of sweet beverages and other junk. While watching TV, stay away from chips that would limit your junk indulgence. Junk has added sugars and other ingredients that work as a catalyst to increase appetite as well as make the body slouchy. There is an increase in craze of eating fast food in today’s generation especially among youth and kids. Either it is burger or pizza or Maggie and many more. Instead of eating healthy homemade foods they rather prefer fast foods. Those foods are rich in calories and having fewer nutrients which are harmful to one’s health. If one consumes fast food on a regular basis it may lead to increasing the risk of obesity.
- Include all the necessary nutrients in your diet – Eat everything in your diet that should be eaten. Avoiding ‘fat’ completely will help you stay fit, is a myth. Healthy Fat is as essential as other nutrients in your body. A balanced meal contains of right amount of fats, carbs, protein and fibre. Eat them in the right amounts at the right time.
- Sugar-free is not as healthy as it is popularly considered. Teens often attract such claims and stop consuming real food and munch on the sugar-free items. But, these increase the amount of food consumption leading to more weight increase.
- 6. Necessarily have a component of veggies in your meal – Do not try to run away from the veggies. These will make the metabolism of our body faster leading to good fat loss in the day. Avoiding them would make this process slower. There could nothing be healthier than consuming fruits and vegetables. But it also depends on how and when it produced. Plants grow out of season are often loaded with pesticides that are used to ripen the off-seasonal fruits and vegetables that aren’t good for gut microbiome either. It is thus preferable to have organic, seasonal produced fruits and vegetables that are ripened naturally.
- Skipping meals is bad, this leads to putting on more weight – Eating a fulfilled meal according to your physical features makes the difference. Skipping meals regularly can also have adverse health effects on the body. When you are skipping meals, you are not doing any good to your body but again drain in all the energy out of it. Ultimately, you will have to meet a nutritionist who will again advise you to eat healthily rather than skipping it.
- Prefer home-cooked food – The restaurants’ packed and processed food might be delicious to the mouth but it would cause harm to the body. It would lead to an increase in calories and might lead to obesity. Research has proven that processed food adds more weight than home-cooked food. Home-cooked food helps in ease of digestion as well.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day – Not drinking enough of water in a day leads to the drying up of our body and waste accumulation takes place. But, it does remain important to get rid of the excess fats through natural processes. This would keep the system of our body clean. Regular intake of water makes the body stay fresh and not get tired soon leading to some extra work that could be done.
- Take rest and proper sleep – Teenagers have a messed up sleep schedule attributing to their school and other miscellaneous things. But, sleep is also necessary for losing the extra weight. Sleeping gives the amount of rest our body needs and prepares it for the next schedule, preventing exhaustion while exercising.
Nowadays, maintaining one’s health is given prior importance because if the body remains healthy then one’s mind will also work effectively as it is said that to have a healthy mind one must have a healthy body. When it comes to remaining healthy, the first thing that came to our mind is our immune system. If the immune system is strong then ultimately the body will remain fit and healthy. Try to get rid of all the misconceptions you have regarding a weight loss plan for teenagers and start eating healthy because thick and thin does not matter but health does.